Policies & Terms
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
Download the Terms of the Agreement and House Rules
We provide a “Welcome” book with recommendations of area restaurants, history of Old Seminole Heights, history of 1923, contact information for our Massage Therapist, Maps, public bus schedule (1 block walk), Cable TV by channel, Wi-Fi network and password which are changed monthly with all the information you will need during your stay. Emergency medical and police service can be called by dialing 911.
- Guests may check in at 3:30 PM. Please provide us with your Air Carrier and flight # to properly insure Proprietor is on property to welcome you and provide a tour and keys to the property. Check out is 10:30 AM.
- The Proprietor has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Guests violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guest waives all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guests shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
- Emergency medical and police service can be called by dialing 911.
- The Guests shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The Guests shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Proprietor as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Guest shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The Guests agree that the Proprietor shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
- The Guests shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner. Monday and Thursday the garbage is picked up midafternoon and reclyables Monday early morning. Garbage should be disposed of in the Blue bin behind the Cottage and Recyclables in the Green Bin next to the off-street parking lot.
- The Guests shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
- No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises. “Thomas” the landlord’s family cat is not permitted inside Erehwon Retreat rental properties. Any variation from the pet policy may result in immediate eviction without refund and possible penalties charged to the Guests credit card.
- The Guests shall not sublet the property.
- The Guests shall have no more than two persons reside or sleep on the premises. We are controlled by Historic District, State Occupancy and Fire Laws as well as Fire Insurance.
- The Guests shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Guests shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. One of the most important quality of life issues associated with vacation properties operating in residential zoning is maintaining the peaceful and quiet neighborhood. During your visit, Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Premises. Creating a disturbance may be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises.
- Quiet hour starts at 10 PM to 7:30 AM on weekdays and 11 PM to 8:30 AM on weekends and national holidays.
- There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
- Proprietor shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are also supplied.
- The Guest and their Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Proprietor against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guest expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Proprietor may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance for Guest and their guests if such coverage is desired.
- Guest agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
- Guest expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guests do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
- We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
- If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Guest’s vacation. Guest shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 10 AM and 6 PM present or not.
- There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
- It is the Guest’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions. Guest agrees to have responsible adult supervising minors.
- No legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises.
- Guest agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
- Guest shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
- Guest agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults. The owner’s closet is located above the washer and dryer in the Bungalow laundry room.
- Guest is advised that the property contains four gas burners in the cottage and gas burners, oven in the Bungalow and other gas-powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
- The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
- The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
- Guest is advised that there is a carbon monoxide detector in the cottage and bungalow.
- Guest shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows etc.
- Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the Guest and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 45 days they shall become the property of the Proprietor. The Proprietor shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
- Basic Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Proprietor. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
- High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
- Guest agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees and heat shall not be set above 72, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows are to be kept closed due to flying termites in our old growth and negatively affect the heating and cooling of the property.
- Free off-street parking is limited to one (1) automobile per property (No Trucks or RV’s). The parking lot is directly behind the bungalow and in front of the cottage. No Parking is permitted by the City of Tampa on E Henry Street. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. The Proprietor shall not be held liable for any damage to automobiles parked in the off-street lot.
- UNAVAILABILITY- If for any reason, except Hurricane’s, beyond the control of the Proprietor, the Premises is unavailable, the Proprietor may substitute a comparable unit or cancel this Agreement and refund in full to guests all payments made.
- HURRICANE CANCELLATION If Tampa Bay is under a named hurricane warning issued by the NOAA National Hurricane Center, you may cancel your reservation within 24 hours of your scheduled check in date for full refund of charges.
- WEDDING RECEPTIONS, BRIDAL DINNERS, BUSINESS ENTERTAINMENT & NON-PROFIT or PRIVATE RECEPTIONS are not permitted.
- NO ALTERATIONS – We are offering a 1920’s experience as shown in photos of every room. Guests shall not make any alteration in or about the Premises including but not limited to moving furniture, TV, art work, adding or changing locks, placing signs, displays or using screws, fastening devices or adhesive materials.
- BIKE STORAGE – We provide an in-ground Euro Bike Rack on the parking lot. Guests may use it or keep their bikes on their car rack.
Revised 7/21 /2017
Tampa International Airport 8.9 miles, St Petersburg – Clearwater International Airport 20.1 miles, Ocala, FL 94 miles, Orlando International Airport 87 miles, Miami International Airport 281 miles
TAMPA AIRPORT PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
HART: Hillsborough Area Regional Transit 813-254-4278. Hart offers bus #30 from Tampa
International Airport to the Marion Transit Center. This departs from the East End of the Red Baggage Claim Curbside by Belt #15. This service runs between 0730 – 0030 and departs every 30 min. It will take the #30 44 min to reach the Marion Transit Center where you transfer to the #1 (Florida Ave) line. Ask the driver to let you off at Florida and E. Henry Street. From bus stop, it’s one block to Erehwon Retreat. Purchase 1 day Unlimited Ride $4 per person.
All prices listed below are exact fares tested on 4/6/16 and are subject to change.
TAXI Charge including 15% tip
Yellow Cab 813-253-0121
$26.00 (no traffic) $31.92 (mid day) to $48.00 (rush hour)
Alternative Car Service or Shuttle:
Uber $11-$15 X, $20-$26XL Select, $27-$35
Super Shuttle Tampa $22
Off site Car Rental
There is an Enterprise Car rental 4 blocks from Erehwon and HERTZ rental ¾ of a mile. Both will come pick you up, take you to their lot and sign the car out to you. Not renting and dropping off at the airport lowers your cost by approximately $10-18 a day depending on the size of vehicle.
Alternatives for seeing more of Central Florida
Greyhound Bus (610 Polk Street near the corner of Pierce Street, 2 block walk from Marion Transit Center) (800-231-2222) Orlando, Sarasota, Lakeland, Naples, Miami
Red Coach (877-733-0724)
Gainesville, Jacksonville, Ft. Pierce, Disneyworld, Tallahassee, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami
AMTRAK (800) 872-7245
Union Station 601 Nebraska Ave. Tampa. Our terminal was built 1911 and restored in 1998. In 1922 the year our properties were being built this station had 34 long distance arrivals each day.
Tampa Cruise Ship Terminal
815 Channel side, Tampa