Policies & Terms
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
The Terms and House Rules stipulated below govern your usage of our Properties/Services and engaging in our services confirms you have read and agreed to be bound by these.
PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND HOUSE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE IN OUR SERVICES.
- All Bookings/Cancellation shall be made via the website or Online Travel Platform as otherwise provided. We aim to connect guests looking for a temporary roof over their heads and the potential insights of a local, you agree you are not seeking permanent living quarters or a legal interest in property. An acceptance shall create a legally binding contract between the Parties.
- Accepted forms of payment shall be through check, and select major credit cards as agreed upon. Credit Card Chargeback – Upon payment, the Guest acknowledges that “charge-backs” or “unauthorised transactions” initiated via their bank and/or creditor should be recognised as fraud. Any acts to defraud the Proprietor shall be subject to Investigations by the relevant authorities.
- CHECK IN – Guests may check in at 4:00 PM. Early Check-Ins are not guaranteed. Some Online Travel Travel Platforms allow you to choose a preferred check in time, but it is ultimately up to hosts to approve any check-in before 4 pm. An accepted request to book does not mean your early check-in time was approved/ You will need to send us a message asking us if you can check in early .Please provide us with your Air Carrier and flight # to properly ensure Proprietor is on the property to welcome you and provide a tour and keys to the property. CHECK OUT- is 10:30 AM. Late check outs must be requested and approved via Email. If you stay past 11:00 AM without approval you will automatically be a Late Check Out fee of $50. We reserve the right to charge the Published Base Rate per night for guests who check out more than 2 hours late. This charge does not hold the property for an extra night.
- ENTRY, INSPECTION AND CLEANING – The Proprietor has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this Agreement. Should the Guests violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guest waives all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guests shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this Agreement.
- Emergency medical and police service shall be available by dialing 911.
- The Guests shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The Guests shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the Rental Agreement, defined by the Proprietor as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Guest(s) shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition.
The Guests agree that the Proprietor shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
- GARBAGE & RECYCLING – The Guests shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner. Monday and Thursday the garbage shall be picked up mid-afternoon and recyclables on Monday early morning. Garbage should be disposed of in the Blue bin behind the Cottage. Recyclables in the Green Bin next to the off-street parking lot. RECYLING MATERIAL MUST BE WASHED AND PLACED IN THE CONTAINER LOOSE (NO PLASTIC BAGS).
- REFUNDABLE RESERVATION/DAMAGE DEPOIST (AIRBNB, TRIP ADVISOR/FLIP KEY, EREHWON RETREAT.COM), HOME AWAY/ VRBO INSURANCE – The Guests shall pay for any damage done to the premises. We give you a tour of the property. If you or the Proprietor see wear and tear it will be noted in an Arrival Email in order that you are not charged for damage. HomeAway guests are required to purchase Damage Insurance.
- PET POLICY – No animals or pets of any kind shall be brought onto the premises. Any variation from the pet policy may result in immediate Guests removal without refund and possible penalties charged to the Guests credit card.
- SUBLET – Guests shall not sublet the property.
- OCCUPANCY – The Guests shall have no more than two persons per bedroom may reside or sleep on the premises. We are controlled by Historic District, City of Tampa, and State Florida Occupancy and Fire Laws as well as Fire Insurance.
- GOOD NEIGHBOR Guests shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Guests shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. One of the most important quality of life issues associated with vacation properties operating in residential zoning is maintaining the peaceful and quiet neighborhood. During your visit, Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Premises. Creating a disturbance may be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises.
- Quiet hours start at 10 PM to 7:30 AM on weekdays and 11 PM to 8:30 AM on weekends and National Holidays.
- There shall be NO SMOKING inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
- Proprietor shall provide beach towels, bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths, bed linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Property Owner/Inn Keeper. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables shall also be supplied. A review of our Sundries List on our website or in our welcome book lists other items and amenities we stock for the convenience of guests. Covid19 Disclaimer. There may be major shortages in basic essentials and cleaning supplies. We are unable to guarantee a supply of paper products until further notice.
- HOLD HARMLESS – The Guest and their Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Proprietor against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guest expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Proprietor may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance for themselves and their guests if such coverage is desired.
- Guest agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this Agreement.
- Guest expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guests do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
- POWER OUTAGE We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation shall be given for such outages.
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
- If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Guest’s vacation. Guest shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 1 PM and 4 PM present or not.
- There shall be no refunds of rent because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
- It is the Guest’s responsibility to learn about the necessary safety precautions. Guest agrees to have responsible adult supervising minors.
- No legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises.
- Guest agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
- Guest shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this Agreement with immediate effect with no refund of rent or deposits.
- Guest agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults. The owner’s closet is located above the washer and dryer in the Bungalow laundry room.
- Guest is advised that the property contains four gas burners in the cottage and gas burners, oven in the Bungalow and other gas-powered items and shall therefore seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood
- The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for genuine emergencies. The property has smoke alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition. This is to advise that there is a carbon monoxide detector in the cottage and bungalow.
- a Guest shall ensure their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows etc.
- Valuable items left behind by tenant shall be kept for the Guest and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 45 days, they shall become the property of the Proprietor. The Proprietor shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
- Basic Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Proprietor. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
- High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the Agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
- Guest agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 68 degrees and heat shall not be set above 72, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows are to be kept closed due to flying termites in our old growth and can also negatively affect the heating and cooling of the property.
- Free off-street parking is limited to one (1) automobile per property (No Trucks or RV’s). The parking lot is directly behind the bungalow and in front of the cottage. No Parking is permitted by the City of Tampa on E Henry Street. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. The Proprietor shall not be held liable for any damage to automobiles parked in the off-street lot.
- UNAVAILABILITY– If for any reason, except Hurricane’s, beyond the control of the Proprietor, the Premises is unavailable, the Proprietor may substitute a comparable unit or cancel this Agreement and refund in full to guests all payments made.
- CANCELLATIONS that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Monthly renters (28 nights +) must cancel one-hundred and twenty (120) days prior to check-in in order to incur no penalty. All credit card cancellations are subject to a 6% cancellation fee or $50, whichever is greater.Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. You may choose to purchase travel insurance separately.HURRICANE & TROPICAL STORM POLICY: No refunds will be given; we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, please visit our website for details and to purchase. Underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.
- PARTIES, WEDDING RECEPTIONS, BRIDAL DINNERS, BUSINESS ENTERTAINMENT & NON-PROFIT or PRIVATE RECEPTIONS are not permitted.
- NO ALTERATIONS – We are offering a 1920’s experience as shown in photos of every room. Guests shall not make any alteration in or about the Premises including but not limited to moving furniture, TV, art work, adding or changing locks, placing signs, displays or using screws, fastening devices or adhesive materials.
- BIKE STORAGE – We provide an in-ground Euro Bike Rack on the parking lot. Guests may use it or keep their bikes on their car rack. Upon request, we off a Kryptonite bike lock for added security. Loss of Key Fee $50.
- These Terms and House Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with STATE OF FLORIDA Law, and any/all disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the TAMPA / HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY Courts.
Property owner may remove any guest who, while on the premises, illegally possesses or sells controlled substances; is intoxicated, profane, lewd, or brawling; disturbs the peace of other guests; injures the facility’s reputation, dignity, or standing; fails to pay the agreed upon rent; or fails to checkout at the agreed upon checkout time. The Property owner and give the guest notice of his desire for the guest to depart and return the unused portion of any advance payment. Guests who refuse to leave are guilty of a second-degree misdemeanor. Property may call any law enforcement officer to arrest illegal guests. Arrested guests are deemed to have given up or abandoned their right to occupy the property, thus the property owner may make it available to other guests.
- The Company may at its sole discretion revise these Terms and House Rules from time to time. The revised Terms shall apply from the date of the publication of the revised Disclaimer on our website and shall supersede any previous versions.
If you have any questions/queries pertaining to the Terms above, please contact by mail at EREHWON RETREAT 5801 N SUWANEE AVE, TAMPA, FL 33604
Tampa International Airport 8.9 miles, St Petersburg – Clearwater International Airport 20.1 miles, Ocala, FL 94 miles, Orlando International Airport 87 miles, Miami International Airport 281 miles
TAMPA AIRPORT PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
HART: Hillsborough Area Regional Transit 813-254-4278. Hart offers bus #30 from Tampa
International Airport to the Marion Transit Center. This departs from the East End of the Red Baggage Claim Curbside by Belt #15. This service runs between 0730 – 0030 and departs every 30 min. It will take the #30 44 min to reach the Marion Transit Center where you transfer to the #1 (Florida Ave) line. Ask the driver to let you off at Florida and E. Henry Street. From bus stop, it’s one block to Erehwon Retreat. Purchase 1 day Unlimited Ride $4 per person.
All prices listed below are exact fares tested on 4/6/16 and are subject to change.
TAXI Charge including 15% tip
Yellow Cab 813-253-0121
$26.00 (no traffic) $31.92 (mid day) to $48.00 (rush hour)
Alternative Car Service or Shuttle:
Uber $11-$15 X, $20-$26XL Select, $27-$35
Super Shuttle Tampa $22
Off site Car Rental
There is an Enterprise Car rental 4 blocks from Erehwon and HERTZ rental ¾ of a mile. Both will come pick you up, take you to their lot and sign the car out to you. Not renting and dropping off at the airport lowers your cost by approximately $10-18 a day depending on the size of vehicle.
Alternatives for seeing more of Central Florida
Greyhound Bus (610 Polk Street near the corner of Pierce Street, 2 block walk from Marion Transit Center) (800-231-2222) Orlando, Sarasota, Lakeland, Naples, Miami
Red Coach (877-733-0724)
Gainesville, Jacksonville, Ft. Pierce, Disneyworld, Tallahassee, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami
AMTRAK (800) 872-7245
Union Station 601 Nebraska Ave. Tampa. Our terminal was built 1911 and restored in 1998. In 1922 the year our properties were being built this station had 34 long distance arrivals each day.
Tampa Cruise Ship Terminal
815 Channel side, Tampa